Image Map

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Annual Holiday Kiki

Kiki: noun \kē kē\ - slang for a party including good music and good friends, held for the express purpose of calming nerves, reducing anxiety and stress and generally fighting ennui. 

Every year for the past three years I've hosted a party for my closest girl and few guy friends.  It's a great time for us to get together after the stress of finals and relax.  This year we collectively decided to name it a 'kiki' because that's basically what it is.  Friends, food, gossip, (and a little late night dance party).  To be honest, I've been pinning for this party since October...  Call me crazy, but it's a chance to embrace my inner Martha.

Here's a little taste of this last weekend...



Caprese Bites

Pear Pancetta Crisps

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus 

Sweet Potato Casserole

And for the main course we had prime rib.  
This was not just your any prime rib.  This was a dry aged prime rib that was cooked in a Traeger Wood Pellet Grill, and for those of you don't know it is a magic machine.
A Traeger is a wood burning oven/grill that slow cooks meat to perfection with your choice of either oak, hickory, pecan, apple and cherry wood pellets.  For this meal I chose oak and lathered it with cracked pepper and kosher salt.
Unfortunately when it was time to eat, the prime rib went so fast I didn't get a chance to snap a photo.  But trust me, it was the perfect shade of pink throughout and the most delicious piece of meat I have ever tasted. 

The food was great and all, but what really makes a party are the people.  I am so lucky to have such amazing people to laugh with and call my close friends.  The only thing I regret was not taking enough pictures... I guess that just goes to show that we we're having too much fun fighting over who gets the D.I. jean jacket trench coat as their white elephant gift (yes, that was an actual gift) than documenting it all.  Overall, "Operation Holiday Party" = success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment