Image Map

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

They Say Home is Where the Heart is...

... and Sevilla, you have stolen mine.
I have been living in Sevilla for approximately ten weeks.  This is the point in my journey where I can firmly call Sevilla a home.  I've created my routine.  School, friends, etc.  I've gone through the depths of homesickness, and back again.  I've mastered all the secret shortcuts to get to and from school, Santa Cruz, La Alameda, Triana, Los Remedios, and beyond. It never gets old passing by the jardines and being overcome with the smell of orange blossoms, or spend hours with good company drinking tinto de verano by el rio.  The siesta has been fully adapted into my routine. Jamón Iberico de Bellota is my new obsession, and I'm sure the waiters at the cafe near my house know me by my consistent order of café con leche...  Am I turning Spanish?  Possibly...

It's amazing that it's so easy to create something so completely foreign, apart of you and your comfort zone, and ultimately grow. You just have to make the first step....




No comments:

Post a Comment